Order 28 Rule 1 CPC: Officers, soldiers, sailors or airmen who cannot obtain leave may authorize any person to sue or defend for them.
Officers, soldiers, sailors or airmen who cannot obtain leave may authorize any person to sue or defend for them. – (1) Where any officer, soldier, sailor or airman, actual serving under the Government in such capacity is a party to a suit, and cannot obtain leave of absence for the purpose of prosecuting or defending the suit in person, he may authorize any person to sue or defend in his stead.
(2) The authority shall be writing and shall be signed by the officer, soldier, sailor or airman in the presence of (a) his commanding officer, or the next subordinate officer, if the party is himself the commanding officer, or (b) where the officer, soldier, sailor or airman, is serving in military, naval or air force staff employment the head or other superior officer of the office in which he is employed. Such commanding or other officer shall countersign the authority, which shall be filed in Court.
(3) When so filed the countersignature shall be sufficient proof that the authority was duly executed, and that the officer, soldier, sailor or airman by whom it was granted could not obtain leave of absence for the purpose of prosecuting of defending the suit in person.
Explanation.-In this Order the expression “commanding officer” means the officer in actual command for the time being of an regiment, corps, ship, detachment or depot which the officer, soldier sailor or airman belongs.
Verma Law Associates is an offspring of Advocate Anoop Verma and other experienced Advocates/Lawyers.
Advocate Anoop Verma has been advising individuals, corporates, businesses on a variety of legal issues since his call to the Punjab & Haryana Bar Council.
After gaining years of experience working for law firms, Advocate Anoop Verma opened his own Law firm “Verma Law Associates” where he is able to provide quality legal services at reasonable rates.
During his career, he has been involved in some of the most complicated and high profile cases, and participated in several ground-breaking litigation cases. Having been trained and mentored by some of best lawyers, he brings a unique perspective and varied experience to his practice.
We at Verma Law Associates handles all the cases pertaining to:
- Criminal Law
- Banking Law/DRT (Debt Recovery Tribunal)
- Civil Law
- Family Disputes
- Consumer Laws
- Service Law/Service Matters
- Company Law/NCLT (National Company Law Tribunal)
- Motor Accident Claims
- Property Law
Have a Question? Schedule a Consultation.
We offer initial consultations over the telephone and in person at no cost.
Talk to Advocate Anoop Verma directly
Punjab & Haryana High Court Chandigarh, DRT Chandigarh