Order 34 Rule 3 CPC: Final decree in foreclosure suit.
Final decree in foreclosure suit. – (1) Where, before a final decree debarring the defendant from all right to redeem the mortgaged property has been passed, the defendant makes payment into Court of all amounts due from him under sub-rule (1) of rule 2, the Court shall, on application made by the defendant in this behalf, pass a final decree-
(a) ordering the plaintiff to deliver up the documents referred to in the preliminary decree, and, if necessary-
(b) ordering him to re-transfer at the cost or the defendant the mortgaged property as directed in the said decree, and also, if necesssary-
(c) ordering him to put the defendant in possession of the property.
(2) Where payment in accordance with sub-rule (1) has not been made, the Court shall, on application made by the plaintiff in his behalf, pass a final decree declaring that the defendant and all persons claiming through or under him or debarred from all right to redeem the mortgaged property and also, if necessary ordering the defendant to put the plaintiff in possession of the property.
(3) On the passing of a final decree under sub-rule (2), all liabilities to which the defendant is subject in respect of the mortgage or on account of the suit shall be deemed to have been discharged.
Verma Law Associates is an offspring of Advocate Anoop Verma and other experienced Advocates/Lawyers.
Advocate Anoop Verma has been advising individuals, corporates, businesses on a variety of legal issues since his call to the Punjab & Haryana Bar Council.
After gaining years of experience working for law firms, Advocate Anoop Verma opened his own Law firm “Verma Law Associates” where he is able to provide quality legal services at reasonable rates.
During his career, he has been involved in some of the most complicated and high profile cases, and participated in several ground-breaking litigation cases. Having been trained and mentored by some of best lawyers, he brings a unique perspective and varied experience to his practice.
We at Verma Law Associates handles all the cases pertaining to:
- Criminal Law
- Banking Law/DRT (Debt Recovery Tribunal)
- Civil Law
- Family Disputes
- Consumer Laws
- Service Law/Service Matters
- Company Law/NCLT (National Company Law Tribunal)
- Motor Accident Claims
- Property Law
Have a Question? Schedule a Consultation.
We offer initial consultations over the telephone and in person at no cost.
Talk to Advocate Anoop Verma directly
Punjab & Haryana High Court Chandigarh, DRT Chandigarh