Section 106 CrPC, The Code Of Criminal Procedure, 1973: Security for keeping the peace on conviction.
Security for keeping the peace on conviction.
(1) When a Court of Session or Court of a Magistrate of the first class convicts a person of any of the offences specified in sub- section (2) or of abetting any such offence and is of opinion that it is necessary to take security from such person for keeping the peace, the Court may, at the time of passing sentence on such person, order him to execute a bond, with or without sureties, for keeping the peace for such period, not exceeding three years, as it thinks fit.
(2) The offences referred to in sub- section (1) are-
(a) any offence punishable under Chapter VIII of the Indian Penal Code (45 of 1860 ), other than an offence punishable under section 153A or section 153B or section 154 thereof;
(b) any offence which consists of, or includes, assault or using criminal force or committing mischief;
(c) any offence of criminal intimidation;
(d) any other offence which caused, or was intended or known to be likely to cause, a breach of the peace.
(3) If the conviction is set aside on appeal or otherwise, the bond so executed shall become void.
999999. 1 Subs. and Ins. by Act 32 of 1988, S. 2.
2. Ins. by Act 40 of 1993, S. 2 (w. e. f. 20. 7. 1994 ).
CHAP RECIPROCAL ARRANGEMENTS FOR ASSISTANCE IN CERTAIN MATTERS ANDPROCEDURE FOR ATTACHMENT AND FORFEITURE OF PROPERTY 1 CHAPTER VIIA RECIPROCAL ARRANGEMENTS FOR ASSISTANCE IN CERTAIN MATTERS AND PROCEDURE FOR ATTACHMENT AND FORFEITURE OF PROPERTY
Verma Law Associates is an offspring of Advocate Anoop Verma and other experienced Advocates/Lawyers.
Advocate Anoop Verma has been advising individuals, corporates, businesses on a variety of legal issues since his call to the Punjab & Haryana Bar Council.
After gaining years of experience working for law firms, Advocate Anoop Verma opened his own Law firm “Verma Law Associates” where he is able to provide quality legal services at reasonable rates.
During his career, he has been involved in some of the most complicated and high profile cases, and participated in several ground-breaking litigation cases. Having been trained and mentored by some of best lawyers, he brings a unique perspective and varied experience to his practice.
We at Verma Law Associates handles all the cases pertaining to:
- Criminal Law
- Banking Law/DRT (Debt Recovery Tribunal)
- Civil Law
- Family Disputes
- Consumer Laws
- Service Law/Service Matters
- Company Law/NCLT (National Company Law Tribunal)
- Motor Accident Claims
- Property Law
Have a Question about your criminal matter? Schedule a Consultation with our Criminal Lawyer.
We offer initial consultations over the telephone and in person at no cost.
Talk to Advocate Anoop Verma directly
Punjab & Haryana High Court Chandigarh, DRT Chandigarh