Section 12 SARFAESI ACT, 2002 (The Securitisation and Reconstruction of Financial Assets and Enforcement of Security Interest Act, 2002): Power of Reserve Bank to determine policy and issue directions.
Power of Reserve Bank to determine policy and issue directions.—
(1) If the Reserve Bank is satisfied that in the public interest or to regulate financial system of the country to its advantage or to prevent the affairs of any securitisation company or reconstruction company from being conducted in a manner detrimental to the interest of investors or in any manner prejudicial to the interest of such securitisation company or reconstruction company, it is necessary or expedient so to do, it may determine the policy and give directions to all or any securitisation company or reconstruction company in matters relating to income recognition, accounting standards, making provisions for bad and doubtful debts, capital adequacy based on risk weights for assets and also relating to deployment of funds by the securitisation company or reconstruction company, as the case may be, and such company shall be bound to follow the policy so determined and the directions so issued.
(2) Without prejudice to the generality of the power vested under sub-section (1), the Reserve Bank may give directions to any securitisation company or reconstruction company generally or to a class of securitisation companies or reconstruction companies or to any securitisation company or reconstruction company in particular as to—
(a) the type of financial asset of a bank or financial institution which can be acquired and procedure for acquisition of such assets and valuation thereof;
(b) the aggregate value of financial assets which may be acquired by any securitisation company or reconstruction company.
Verma Law Associates is an offspring of Advocate Anoop Verma and other experienced Advocates/Lawyers.
Advocate Anoop Verma has been advising individuals, corporates, businesses on a variety of legal issues since his call to the Punjab & Haryana Bar Council.
After gaining years of experience working for law firms, Advocate Anoop Verma opened his own Law firm “Verma Law Associates” where he is able to provide quality legal services at reasonable rates.
During his career, he has been involved in some of the most complicated and high profile cases, and participated in several ground-breaking litigation cases. Having been trained and mentored by some of best lawyers, he brings a unique perspective and varied experience to his practice.
We at Verma Law Associates handles all the cases pertaining to:
- Criminal Law
- Banking Law/DRT (Debt Recovery Tribunal)
- Civil Law
- Family Disputes
- Consumer Laws
- Service Law/Service Matters
- Company Law/NCLT (National Company Law Tribunal)
- Motor Accident Claims
- Property Law
Have a Question about your banking DRT Case? Schedule a Consultation with DRT Advocate.
We offer initial consultations over the telephone and in person at no cost.
Talk to Advocate Anoop Verma directly
Punjab & Haryana High Court Chandigarh, DRT Chandigarh