Section 29A of The Banking Regulation Act, 1949:
Power in respect of associate enterprises.
Power in respect of associate enterprises. – (I) The Reserve Bank may, at any time, direct a banking company to annex to its financial statements or furnish to it separately, within such time and at such intervals as may be specified by the Reserve Bank, such statements and information relating to the business or affairs of any associate enterprise of the banking company as the Reserve Bank may consider necessary or expedient to obtain for the purpose of this Act.
(2) Notwithstanding anything to the contrary contained in the Companies Act, 1956, the Reserve Bank may, at any time, cause an inspection to be made of I of 1956. any associate enterprise of a banking company and its books of account jointly by one or more of its officers or employees or other persons along with the Board or authority regulating such associate enterprise.
(3) The provisions of sub-sections (2) and (3) of section 35 shall apply mutatis mutandis to the inspection under this section.
Explanation.-“associate enterprise” in relation to a banking company includes an enterprise which-
(i) is a holding company or a subsidiary company of the banking company; or
(ii) is a joint venture of the banking company; or
(iii) is a subsidiary company or a joint venture of the holding company of the banking company; or
(iv) controls the composition of the Board of directors or other body governing the banking company; or
(v) exercises, in the opinion of the Reserve Bank, significant influence on the banking company in taking financial or policy decisions; or
(vi) is able to obtain economic benefits from the activities of the banking company.]
Advocate Anoop Verma has been advising individuals, corporates, businesses on a variety of legal issues since his call to the Punjab & Haryana Bar Council.
After gaining years of experience working for law firms, Advocate Anoop Verma opened his own Law firm “Verma Law Associates” where he is able to provide quality legal services at reasonable rates.
During his career, he has been involved in some of the most complicated and high profile cases, and participated in several ground-breaking litigation cases. Having been trained and mentored by some of best lawyers, he brings a unique perspective and varied experience to his practice.
We at Verma Law Associates handles all the cases pertaining to:
- Criminal Law
- Banking Law/DRT (Debt Recovery Tribunal)
- Civil Law
- Family Disputes
- Consumer Laws
- Service Law/Service Matters
- Company Law/NCLT (National Company Law Tribunal)
- Motor Accident Claims
- Property Law
Have a Question? Schedule a Consultation.
We offer initial consultations over the telephone and in person at no cost.
Talk to Advocate Anoop Verma directly
Punjab & Haryana High Court Chandigarh, DRT Chandigarh