Section 36AH of The Banking Regulation Act, 1949:
Constitution of the Tribunal.
Constitution of the Tribunal. – (1) The Central Government may, for the purpose of this Part, constitute a Tribunal which shall consist of a Chairman and two other members.
(2) The Chairman shall be a person who is, or has been, a Judge of a High Court or of the Supreme Court, and, of the two other members, one shall be a person, who, in the opinion of the Central Government, has had experience of commercial banking and the other shall be a person who is a chartered accountant within the meaning of the Chartered Accountants’ Act, 1949 (38 of 1949).
(3) If, for any reason, a vacancy occurs in the office of the Chairman or any other member of the Tribunal, the Central Government may fill the vacancy by appointing another person thereto in accordance with the provisions of sub-section (2), and any proceeding may be continued before the Tribunal, so constituted, from the stage at which the vacancy occurred.
(4) The Tribunal may, for the purpose of determining any compensation payable under this Part, choose one or more persons having special knowledge or experience of any relevant matter to assist it in the determination of such compensation.
Advocate Anoop Verma has been advising individuals, corporates, businesses on a variety of legal issues since his call to the Punjab & Haryana Bar Council.
After gaining years of experience working for law firms, Advocate Anoop Verma opened his own Law firm “Verma Law Associates” where he is able to provide quality legal services at reasonable rates.
During his career, he has been involved in some of the most complicated and high profile cases, and participated in several ground-breaking litigation cases. Having been trained and mentored by some of best lawyers, he brings a unique perspective and varied experience to his practice.
We at Verma Law Associates handles all the cases pertaining to:
- Criminal Law
- Banking Law/DRT (Debt Recovery Tribunal)
- Civil Law
- Family Disputes
- Consumer Laws
- Service Law/Service Matters
- Company Law/NCLT (National Company Law Tribunal)
- Motor Accident Claims
- Property Law
Have a Question? Schedule a Consultation.
We offer initial consultations over the telephone and in person at no cost.
Talk to Advocate Anoop Verma directly
Punjab & Haryana High Court Chandigarh, DRT Chandigarh