Section 45Q of The Banking Regulation Act, 1958:
Power to inspect.
Power to inspect. – (1) The Reserve Bank shall, on being directed so to do by the Central Government or by the High Court, cause an inspection to be made by one or more of its officers of a banking company which is being wound up and its books of accounts .
(2) On such inspection, the Reserve Bank shall submit its report to the Central Government and the High Court.
(3) If the Central Government, on consideration of the report of the Reserve Bank, is of opinion that there has been a substantial irregularity in the winding up proceedings, it may bring such irregularity to the notice of the High Court for such action as the High Court may think fit.
(4) On receipt of the report of the Reserve Bank under sub-section (2) or on any irregularity being brought to its notice by the Central Government under sub-section (3), the High Court may, if it deems fit, after giving notice to and hearing the Central Government in regard to the report, give such directions as it may consider necessary.
Advocate Anoop Verma has been advising individuals, corporates, businesses on a variety of legal issues since his call to the Punjab & Haryana Bar Council.
After gaining years of experience working for law firms, Advocate Anoop Verma opened his own Law firm “Verma Law Associates” where he is able to provide quality legal services at reasonable rates.
During his career, he has been involved in some of the most complicated and high profile cases, and participated in several ground-breaking litigation cases. Having been trained and mentored by some of best lawyers, he brings a unique perspective and varied experience to his practice.
We at Verma Law Associates handles all the cases pertaining to:
- Criminal Law
- Banking Law/DRT (Debt Recovery Tribunal)
- Civil Law
- Family Disputes
- Consumer Laws
- Service Law/Service Matters
- Company Law/NCLT (National Company Law Tribunal)
- Motor Accident Claims
- Property Law
Have a Question? Schedule a Consultation.
We offer initial consultations over the telephone and in person at no cost.
Talk to Advocate Anoop Verma directly
Punjab & Haryana High Court Chandigarh, DRT Chandigarh