Section 45T of The Banking Regulation Act, 1961:
Enforcement of orders and decisions of High Court.
Enforcement of orders and decisions of High Court. – (1) All orders made in any civil proceeding by a High Court may be enforced in the same manner in which decrees of such Court made in any suit pending therein may be enforced.
(2) Notwithstanding anything to the contrary contained in the Code of Civil Procedure, 1908 (5 of 1908), a liquidator may apply for the execution of a decree by a Court, other than the one which made it on production of a certificate granted under sub-section (6) of section 45-D and on his certifying to such other Court in writing the amount remaining due or relief remaining unenforced under the decree.
(3) Without prejudice to the provisions of sub-section (1) or sub-section (2), any amount found due to the banking company by an order or decision of the High Court, may, with the leave of the High Court, be recovered [by the liquidator in the same manner as an arrear of land revenue and for the purpose of such recovery the liquidator may forward to the Collector within whose jurisdiction the property of the person against whom any order or decision of the High Court has been made is situate, a certificate under his signature specifying the amount so due and the person by whom it is payable.]
[(4) On receipt of a certificate under sub-section (3), the Collector shall proceed to recover from such person the amount specified therein as if it were an arrear of land revenue:
Provided that without prejudice to any other powers of the Collector, he shall, for the purposes of recovering the said amount, have all the powers which, under the Code of Civil Procedure, 1908 (5 of 1908), a Civil Court has for the purpose of the recovery of an amount due under a decree.]
Advocate Anoop Verma has been advising individuals, corporates, businesses on a variety of legal issues since his call to the Punjab & Haryana Bar Council.
After gaining years of experience working for law firms, Advocate Anoop Verma opened his own Law firm “Verma Law Associates” where he is able to provide quality legal services at reasonable rates.
During his career, he has been involved in some of the most complicated and high profile cases, and participated in several ground-breaking litigation cases. Having been trained and mentored by some of best lawyers, he brings a unique perspective and varied experience to his practice.
We at Verma Law Associates handles all the cases pertaining to:
- Criminal Law
- Banking Law/DRT (Debt Recovery Tribunal)
- Civil Law
- Family Disputes
- Consumer Laws
- Service Law/Service Matters
- Company Law/NCLT (National Company Law Tribunal)
- Motor Accident Claims
- Property Law
Have a Question? Schedule a Consultation.
We offer initial consultations over the telephone and in person at no cost.
Talk to Advocate Anoop Verma directly
Punjab & Haryana High Court Chandigarh, DRT Chandigarh