Section 45ZC of The Banking Regulation Act, 1970:
Nomination for return of articles kept in safe custody with banking company.
Nomination for return of articles kept in safe custody with banking company. – (1) Where any person leaves any article in safe custody with a banking company, such person may nominate, in the prescribed manner, one person to whom, in the event of the death of the person leaving the article in safe custody, such article may be returned by the banking company.
(2) Where the nominee is a minor, it shall be lawful for the person making the nomination to appoint in the prescribed manner any person to receive the article deposited in the event of his death during the minority of the nominee.
(3) The banking company shall, before returning any articles under this section to the nominee or the person appointed under sub-section (2), prepare, in such manner as may be directed by the Reserve Bank from time to time, an inventory of the said articles which shall be signed by such nominee or person and shall deliver a copy of the inventory so prepared to such nominee or person.
(4) Notwithstanding anything contained in any other law for the time being in force or in any disposition, whether testamentary or otherwise, in respect of such article, where a nomination made in the prescribed manner purports to confer on any person the right to receive the article from the banking company, the nominee shall, on the death of the person leaving the article in safe custody, become entitled to the return of the article to the exclusion of all other persons, unless the nomination is varied or cancelled in the prescribed manner:
Provided that nothing contained in this section shall affect the right or claim which any person may have against the person to whom the article is returned in pursuance of this sub-section.
Advocate Anoop Verma has been advising individuals, corporates, businesses on a variety of legal issues since his call to the Punjab & Haryana Bar Council.
After gaining years of experience working for law firms, Advocate Anoop Verma opened his own Law firm “Verma Law Associates” where he is able to provide quality legal services at reasonable rates.
During his career, he has been involved in some of the most complicated and high profile cases, and participated in several ground-breaking litigation cases. Having been trained and mentored by some of best lawyers, he brings a unique perspective and varied experience to his practice.
We at Verma Law Associates handles all the cases pertaining to:
- Criminal Law
- Banking Law/DRT (Debt Recovery Tribunal)
- Civil Law
- Family Disputes
- Consumer Laws
- Service Law/Service Matters
- Company Law/NCLT (National Company Law Tribunal)
- Motor Accident Claims
- Property Law
Have a Question? Schedule a Consultation.
We offer initial consultations over the telephone and in person at no cost.
Talk to Advocate Anoop Verma directly
Punjab & Haryana High Court Chandigarh, DRT Chandigarh