Section 53 CrPC, The Code Of Criminal Procedure, 1973: Examination of accused by medical practitioner at the request of police officer.
Examination of accused by medical practitioner at the request of police officer.
(1) When a person is arrested on a charge of committing an offence of such a nature and alleged to have been committed under such circumstances that there are reasonable grounds for believing that an examination of his person will afford evidence as to the commission of an offence, it shall be lawful for a registered medical practitioner, acting at the request of a police officer not below the rank of sub- inspector,
and for any person acting in good faith in his aid and under his direction, to make such an examination of the person arrested as is reasonably necessary in order to ascertain the facts which may afford such evidence, and to use such force as is reasonably for that purpose.
(2) Whenever the person of a female is to be examined under this section, the examination shall be made only by, or under the supervision of, a female registered medical practitioner. Explanation.- In this section and in section 54,” registered medical practitioner” means a medical practitioner who possesses any recognized medical qualification as defined in clause (h) of section 2 of the Indian Medical Council Act, 1956 (102 of 1956 ) and whose name has been entered in a State Medical Register.
Verma Law Associates is an offspring of Advocate Anoop Verma and other experienced Advocates/Lawyers.
Advocate Anoop Verma has been advising individuals, corporates, businesses on a variety of legal issues since his call to the Punjab & Haryana Bar Council.
After gaining years of experience working for law firms, Advocate Anoop Verma opened his own Law firm “Verma Law Associates” where he is able to provide quality legal services at reasonable rates.
During his career, he has been involved in some of the most complicated and high profile cases, and participated in several ground-breaking litigation cases. Having been trained and mentored by some of best lawyers, he brings a unique perspective and varied experience to his practice.
We at Verma Law Associates handles all the cases pertaining to:
- Criminal Law
- Banking Law/DRT (Debt Recovery Tribunal)
- Civil Law
- Family Disputes
- Consumer Laws
- Service Law/Service Matters
- Company Law/NCLT (National Company Law Tribunal)
- Motor Accident Claims
- Property Law
Have a Question about your criminal matter? Schedule a Consultation with our Criminal Lawyer.
We offer initial consultations over the telephone and in person at no cost.
Talk to Advocate Anoop Verma directly
Punjab & Haryana High Court Chandigarh, DRT Chandigarh