Section 55 CrPC, The Code Of Criminal Procedure, 1973: Procedure when police officer deputes subordinate to arrest with out warrant.
Procedure when police officer deputes subordinate to arrest with out warrant.
(1) When any officer in charge of a police station or any police officer making an investigation under Chapter XII requires any officer subordinate to him to arrest without a warrant (otherwise than in his presence) any person who may lawfully be arrested without a warrant, he shall deliver to the officer required to make the arrest an order in writing, specifying the person to be arrested and the offence or other cause for which the arrest is to be made and the officer so required shall, before making the arrest, notify to the person to be arrested the substance of the order and, if so required by such person, shall show him the order.
(2) Nothing in sub- section (1) shall affect the power of a police officer to arrest a person under section 41.
Verma Law Associates is an offspring of Advocate Anoop Verma and other experienced Advocates/Lawyers.
Advocate Anoop Verma has been advising individuals, corporates, businesses on a variety of legal issues since his call to the Punjab & Haryana Bar Council.
After gaining years of experience working for law firms, Advocate Anoop Verma opened his own Law firm “Verma Law Associates” where he is able to provide quality legal services at reasonable rates.
During his career, he has been involved in some of the most complicated and high profile cases, and participated in several ground-breaking litigation cases. Having been trained and mentored by some of best lawyers, he brings a unique perspective and varied experience to his practice.
We at Verma Law Associates handles all the cases pertaining to:
- Criminal Law
- Banking Law/DRT (Debt Recovery Tribunal)
- Civil Law
- Family Disputes
- Consumer Laws
- Service Law/Service Matters
- Company Law/NCLT (National Company Law Tribunal)
- Motor Accident Claims
- Property Law
Have a Question about your criminal matter? Schedule a Consultation with our Criminal Lawyer.
We offer initial consultations over the telephone and in person at no cost.
Talk to Advocate Anoop Verma directly
Punjab & Haryana High Court Chandigarh, DRT Chandigarh