Section 14A of The Banking Regulation Act, 1949:
Prohibition of floating charge on assets.
Prohibition of floating charge on assets. – (1) Notwithstanding anything contained in section 6, no banking company shall create a floating charge on the undertaking or any property of the company or any part thereof, unless the creation of such floating charge is certified in writing by the Reserve Bank as not being detrimental to the interests of the depositors of such company.
(2) Any such charge created without obtaining the certificate of the Reserve Bank shall be invalid.
(3) Any banking company aggrieved by the refusal of a certificate under sub-section (1) may, within ninety days from the date on which such refusal is communicated to it, appeal to the Central Government.
(4) The decision of the Central Government where an appeal has been preferred to it under sub-section (3) or of the Reserve Bank where no such appeal has been preferred shall be final.]
Advocate Anoop Verma has been advising individuals, corporates, businesses on a variety of legal issues since his call to the Punjab & Haryana Bar Council.
After gaining years of experience working for law firms, Advocate Anoop Verma opened his own Law firm “Verma Law Associates” where he is able to provide quality legal services at reasonable rates.
During his career, he has been involved in some of the most complicated and high profile cases, and participated in several ground-breaking litigation cases. Having been trained and mentored by some of best lawyers, he brings a unique perspective and varied experience to his practice.
We at Verma Law Associates handles all the cases pertaining to:
- Criminal Law
- Banking Law/DRT (Debt Recovery Tribunal)
- Civil Law
- Family Disputes
- Consumer Laws
- Service Law/Service Matters
- Company Law/NCLT (National Company Law Tribunal)
- Motor Accident Claims
- Property Law
Have a Question? Schedule a Consultation.
We offer initial consultations over the telephone and in person at no cost.
Talk to Advocate Anoop Verma directly
Punjab & Haryana High Court Chandigarh, DRT Chandigarh